Saturday, January 17, 2009

Here we go again....

After a brief 2009 hiatus from this blog, I've now generated sufficient motivation to be bothered to get this thing into gear once more - albeit without the absurd compulsion to get a certain number of posts banged out before 2010. So lets see what 2009 has in store! So far so good, and also; So far so not much has really altered. There's a rather amusing work story that I shall share in conversing with folk, but which I would be petrified to share with the world on the web. The weather had been freaking us out with the amount of snow and crazy cold temperatures which just wouldn't abate - however, fortune has shone upon us, and we've now gone from minus stupid cold freeze your nuts off in a heartbeat weather, to hey look at me outside at 5pm in my tee shirt and not thinking anything of it kind of winter weather. It has warmed up so much that Sunday will be a ride on the road day!! Woo Hoo!!! The 3 feet of snow along the roads has been melted off the tarmac quite nicely with four days of above zero sunny skies. However, it's still a bit sketchy and not ideal for the proper road bike, so I've spent the afternoon cobbling together a winter beater bike, which I like to call my Cervelo chaser....

Disregarding Weible and his fancy pants Cervelo, I like to see how many overtly wealthy Calgarians riding $6000+ bikes I can spin past on the old knackered Trek (which in sentimental value is absolutely priceless by the way). It's a bit of a sad, egotistical trip on my part, but I get a kick out of it - I just struggle to harbour that niggling, inate competition when I begin to pedal things with two wheels - even on a Sunday spin to a coffee shop.

Here's Mrs. W. on our now weekend ritual "hike to Java Jamboree" for the Saturday morning Latte. Last week's walk to the coffee shop was a tad on the chilly side...
But as you can see below, the cold made for a good short cut crossing the river..
And Bragg Creek has got a plenty of ski trails on the go too. We had a good few hours over there last weekend, I'd stopped here to take a piccie of Brina because I was trying to see what parts of my body I thought I had broken having crashed into the trees about 2 minutes earlier (as usual the little goat like Canuck skier glides through the trees like a whisp, giggling at my cumbersome efforts to maintain a modcium of dignity with my brutal helicopter arms style of ski-ing whenever the trail gets technical) - needless to say, I didn't crash just the once (and the misses just didn't crash - cocky little bugger she is!).
Trusting that all of your 2009s have started with great aplomb, and lets see where we go from here.
Back on Track
S&S.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! thanx for the blog always entertaining
the soo crew

Anonymous said...

Danielle says yo!Yay!my oral is done!

Brandon Grasley said...

Looking forward to a comical 2009 read Simon.
Kerri